Tonight, at the Chilliwack Coliseum in Chilliwack, the Prince George Spruce Kings look to secure their first win of the 2021 Pod season when they take on the Merritt Centennials at 5 PM. The Spruce Kings fell in their season opener to the Chilliwack Chiefs by a 4-1 score. Andrew Seaman had the lone Spruce Kings marker.
PRINCE GEORGE SPRUCE KINGS
Head Coach: Alex Evin
Goaltender Jordan Fairlie makes his Spruce Kings season debut this evening. Fairlie finished the Exhibition campaign with 5 appearances and a 2-1 record. Fairlie hails from Fort St John, and spent the 2019-20 season with the Cariboo Cougars of the BC U18 league.
THE PRICE IS ‘WRIGHT’
Spruce Kings defenceman Josh Wright will play his first game of his Spruce Kings career. Wright was acquired by the team in January to give the team some more leadership and depth on the back end. Wright was acquired from the OJHL and hails from Woodstock, Ontario.
PRINCE GEORGE NOTES
- Andrew Seaman, Mason Waite, and Christian Buono had all the points for PG last night
- Tonight marks the first regular season game Hunor Torzsok and Christian Buono will play against their former team.
- Captain Mason Waite is celebrating his 21st birthday.
- MERRITT CENTENNIALS
- Head Coach: Derek Sweet-Coulter
- Record: 0-1
Merritt defenceman, assistant captain, and local resident Talon Zakall had an assist in the Cents 5-2 setback against Chilliwack. The highly touted defenceman will be heavily relied in numerous situations for Merritt.
The Cents were able to add forward Matteo Pecchia on loan from the Langley Rivermen as they withdrew from the pod season. It didn’t take Pecchia long to adjust the Centennials system as he was able to score the teams first goal in the pod.
- Forward Brandon Dent is two games away from 100 BCHL Games
- Defenceman Talon Zakall leads all Centennials in Games Played (109)