The Prince George Spruce Kings 2017 Hockey School is an excellent opportunity for boy and girls aged 6 to 14, of all skill levels, to learn from past and present day Spruce Kings.
Based on the fundamental aspects of hockey – skating, stick handling, passing, and shooting – each session of the hockey school is five days in duration featuring a total of nine ice times and supervised off-ice activities.
Students will log more than 12 hours of ice time, with 3 hour on-ice instruction per day and a skills competition/game to wrap up the week. Each day will start and finish with a 90 minute on-ice session with time for lunch, a supervised off-ice activity, and mentoring sessions.
Daily off-ice activities will include swimming, golf, bowling, fitness training and other fun team building activities. Participants in the hockey school are reminded to bring appropriate clothing for the off-ice activities and a lunch.
The last day of each session will feature a game, skills competition, and a lunch.
- August 8th – 12th
- August 14th – 18th
- August 21st – 25th
Senior instructors consist of the Spruce Kings head coach Chad van Diemen. Junior instructors consist of local Spruce Kings players, and alumni who provide assistance throughout the school.
Hockey School Session – $350
All Hockey School applications must include a minimum $175.00 deposit.
Payments can be made by credit card, cheque, money order, or cash in the Spruce Kings office.
The Spruce Kings Hockey Camp will consist of two co-ed age groups with the opportunity to consider placement in a different age group based on skill level (at the discretion of the Hockey School instructors).
- 6 to 8 years old (sessions run from 8am to 2pm)
- 9 to 14 years old (session runs from 10am – 4pm)
Cancellation & Refund Policies
- If you cancel there will be a 25% service fee charged based on the full enrollment fee
- No refunds will be given is a player leaves on his/her own desire or is a “no show”
Hockey School participants must have approved equipment and bring required items for all activities. (Goalies are advised to contact their association for equipment use).
- Helmet with cage and child’s name, shoulder pads, elbow pads, hockey gloves, neck guard, hockey pants, shin guards, protective cup, hockey stick, hockey skates, extra t-shirt(s), athletic shorts, athletic shoes, swim suit and towel, clothes and shoes for activities, bottle of water, bagged lunch, emergency contact number, LEAVE VALUABLES AT HOME
All registration forms should be filled out, and:
Emailed to: [email protected]
Faxed to: 250-563-3239,
Or mailed to: PO Box 2174, Prince George BC, V2N 2J6